They’re the first family of duck hunting, raking in viewers by the millions with a unique brand of redneck humor, bearded wit and family tradition. They are the Robertsons of Duck Dynasty—a family that went from relative obscurity (The Outdoor Channel) to hosting their own hit TV show on A&E before a national audience.
As record numbers of viewers keep tuning in to their show—Duck Dynasty broke records in March with almost 8.5 million viewers as the most-watched cable TV show on Wednesday nights—the duckmen continue to leave us rolling on the floor with their hilarious antics. Whether it’s Jase telling Willie how out of shape he is and offering to be his personal trainer, or uncle Si sharing the horrors of ‘Nam with a class of kindergarteners, America can’t seem to get enough.
A few of the best quotes:
- “The more make up a woman wears, the more she’s tryin to hide. Make up can hide a lot of evil, son.”—Phil, giving advice to his grandson.
- “As it turns out, there are two kinds of people in this world without facial hair: women and children. And Jimmy, I am neither.”—Phil on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, when asked why he had a beard.
- “When you don’t know what you’re doin’, it’s best to do it quickly.”—Jase
- “First it’s pretty tires, then it’s pretty guns… next thing you know, you’re shavin’ your beard and wearin’ capri pants.”—Si
- “Once I reached down to pet a little dog and when I did, it was a five pound squirrel!”—Si
- “You need to be able to take a leak in your yard without someone saying, “Hey what’s he doing?”—Phil
In honor of the duckmen, we’ve compiled 10 of our favorite moments from Duck Dynasty—because nobody does redneck like the Robertsons.